Sunday 12 June 2011

Crime and Safety

Crime and Safety

I have stayed in Calgary for one and half months. I feel Calgary’s people are very easy and comfortable. All people live in so natural environment, for there is clear air and all kinds of plants, lots of flowering trees, and the aroma is very tempting. You can see wild animals anywhere in the city, such as squirrels, rabbits, ducks, geese and kinds of birds. They all freely live, nobody wants to disturb them.
I suppose the city is safer than my hometown, nevertheless I only occasionally can hear few of criminal things like that someone’s wallet is stolen in my hometown. I never hear any news about crime probably because I rarely read newspaper and watch TV in Calgary. But my consciousness tells me the city’s crime rate is lower, because what I see every day is that everyone is busy with their own thing; I never see somebody fighting, even rarely hear somebody shouting by day only if at night; when police meet you, they always smile to you rather than check your passport like other countries. However, I am confused why alarms always sound everyday. I wonder what’s happening.


Nobody wants to be the victim of a crime. However, how can we protect ourselves? In my own opinion, first, we should learn some self-protection general knowledge; second, we had better be far away from busy places for the busier, the more danger.

3 comments:

  1. For the most part, Calgary is a safe place to live, but there are certain areas you have to be careful in. I also think it's a good idea not to ride the C Train late at night.

    Corrections:
    I suppose the city is safer than my hometown; nevertheless, I only occasionally can hear about a few criminal things like someone's wallet being stolen in my hometown.

    ;second, we had better be far away from busy places for the busier it is, the more dangerous it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be safe all time you've staied here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ;WEN
    You are give a good reson for live in Calgary
    good job.

    ReplyDelete